Friday 31 May 2013

Fa-ying by Rama V

So this is my first time trying thai food, don't know what to expect out of it & they have lots to choose from! Had a hard time deciding what to eat but after reading some reviews beforehand, decided on a few of them.


Thai tea with milk RM9


Peachlifters RM13

This is one of Fa-ying's special quenchers. I really liked this! 


Pomelo salad with prawns RM16

This is something different from your usual salad. Generous amount of pomelos (I love pomelos!) and prawns, weird combination? Not really, tastes great! Served with this special dressing, goes really well with it.


Thai fish cakes RM12. This was just okay...



Mushroom soup RM16. 

Not bad! Filled with chunky mushroom bits.


Spaghetti with thai green curry 'pesto' RM22

Liked this too! Never though green curry and spaghetti would taste yummy!


Grilled scallops with spinach RM16

Saw many reviews saying this was really good and all, but I've tasted better scallop. This was a bit... too hard to chew for me... (not hard as in rock hard, just takes quite long for it to be in pieces...HAHA)


Fa-ying seafood fried rice RM20

Don't know if I'm convincing myself if this fried rice tastes really good (because of its price) or it's nothing special. 


Spaghetti with river prawns in Chu chee style RM32

Look at that huge prawn! & the spaghetti portion was quite a lot too. Every bite was flavorful and it's something different from the usual spaghetti.


You must be thinking that the shell is just big? Nope, it's filled with meat! Every bite was juicy and yummy! Loved this too!


Mango sticky rice RM16

This was not bad, though I think a bit pricey.


Banana fritters with ice cream RM14

Honestly I don't think this was well worth the money because it taste really normal, you can just buy fried bananas from those stall by the road side, and just serve it with ice cream.

Overall, I think some of the portion were too small, and some were okay. Would I come back here again? I doubt so. Don't think it's thaaaaat great. Or maybe I'm just not a fan of thai food?

'til I try another thai restaurant.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment