Friday 25 October 2013

Canton-i

OK, you might not know this about me but: I actually do not really fancy Chinese food. Except, maybe, chicken rice? I think my taste buds have been strongly influenced by Western or Japanese cuisine. However, there ARE some Chinese restaurants that I do enjoy. E.g. Canton-I/Dragon-I

Iced Jasmine Tea with Lemon Grass (RM11)
It looked & sounded really good. Tried it. Not too bad. QUITE pricey for tea and a few strands of lemon grass eh? 

Honey BBQ Chicken and BBQ pork (RM16)
The reason why I ordered this is because of the chicken wings. Spotted it? Exactly. On the menu, this dish looked so good with the wings. Disappointed but I like their rice and gravy! So yums!!

BBQ pork and duck (RM15.90)
Their BBQ pork is so scrumptious. I guess some may criticize about the pricing and portion of this dish. The meat is not too fatty; just right.

Minced pork Chee Cheong Fun
It tasted alright. Nothing much to say about this dish. Not worth it at all.

Scallop and prawn fried rich (RM18)
Most expensive dish of them all. It tasted really nice and the fragrance of this dish is WOW. However, portion is a little bit small I guess. The few pieces of scallop tasted nice, chewy.



Overall, 7/10
I think Dragon-I (same company as Canton-I) has better varieties. Although they are bought under the same company, Dragon-I somehow serves better food.

Till then,
have a great week guys!

cheers
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment