Friday 8 March 2013

Family Dinners

So as you can see, most of the time we post pretty looking and expensive pictures of food that we have already (tried and tasted) on our blog.. BUT, we also post food that don't look so pretty in pictures, but definitely scrumptious when you put 'em in your mouth! At the same time, having good fellowship with your family!
I will be doing a comparison on 2 chinese restaurants. Then you can decide on which restaurant is better.

First, Restaurant Paris.(NOT an italian restaurant FYI) 
I went to this place called Restaurant Paris (very near SSTWO mall). And to be honest, it was okok. like 50-50. According to my aunt who used to love this place, told me that the food was not as great as it was last time. She rated it a 3/10 for this place.



Famous Ribs


I've no idea how much this dish cost, but the bill was RM180+++ and my aunt said that it definitely wasn't worth it. This pork ribs are definitely delicious, they are soft and tender (according to my aunt, they gave loads of fats) but to me, it was the best among the other dishes we ordered.




Egg plant stir fry with long beans (spicy)
Not a fan of Brinjal (Egg plant) but this dish was spicy and the brinjals were too soft. Long beans were too hard. HAHA, doesn't taste that good.


Venison meat (deer meat)


AT first, just by looking at it, i really thought that it was beef! Turns out to be deer meat. I love the meat, but sad to say that TOO much ginger spoiled the taste. Ginger is suppose to kill off the smell from the meat, but this, wowwww, too much that i had to wash the gravy off the meat!



Fried Tofu

This dish was OK. It's sort of crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Not bad. The sauce definitely gave some flavor.


Squid with long beans (AGAIN) and (super spicy)
I was definitely disappointed with this dish the most! I love seafood, i love squid. But this was, *sigh* no words to describe how disappointed I am! First of all, the squids are so tiny, though they maybe a lot, but still--. Long beans again?! Why put long beans with squid?????? Should have totally gone with Fried Squid.




Fried Yam with assorted vegetables
This dish was my sister's favourite dish. It was ok for me though, overall for this dish, i'd give it a 6/10.

and this, is the conclusion of the dinner @ Restaurant Paris.....




Finalist?
So, as you can see, the pork ribs came in first (to finish). Then the Fried Tofu and yeah, the rest, still some leftovers... My relatives did NOT like any of it at all. But i was definitely ok with the pork ribs and fried tofu. 


Now, for the 2nd restaurant i'm going to compare is located at Subang.
Second, Xfrens cafe and restaurant.



Xfrens Cafe and Restaurant


Fried Egg Plant
I KNOW. It looks like french fries doesn't it? Guess what? It taste WAY better than french fries and it's definitely a WAY healthier choice! :D 
As you all know (referring to Restaurant Paris), I am not a fan of brinjal (egg plant). but this....
OMGOMGOMG So tasty and crunchy! I am NOT exaggerating nor am i trying to promote this restaurant (in case you didn't know, we went there to try without invitation :p ) But seriously, SO DELICIOUS. I've never in my entire life, would eat Egg plant. But for this, an exception!!! WOW. this dish is easily 9/10. (Y)

Garlic pork
According to the restaurant, this is their "famous dish". Very small plate. Each of the dish here is about RM12 (small) and RM15 (medium). The pork was definitely delicious, small deep fried pieces of pork.



Paku pakis
I have absolutely no idea what is Paku Pakis in english. But this vege dish was good! It looks a bit like kangkung or the potato leaf. But this is different. And nice (Y) Spicy a little though!


Marmite chicken
This dish is my family's favorite! I mean, who does not love chicken with marmite sauce!? SO delicious!!! Especially when its still hot! So sweet and soft. Was surprised that it didn't really taste any bitter (because usually marmite has some sort of bitter taste, idk LOL) I mean, i can still taste it now as I'm blogging about it! MOUTH-WATERING DISH!


Squid w/Creamy butter sauce
At first, I was like-- CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS DISH SO BADLY. And then..... when it came, i was like.. whuuuttt??? Why are the squids so thin? and.. hard-ish looking. Well i gave it a try anyways, and it was ADDICTIVE. period. Kept eating it like nobody's business. The squids are thin, but tasty, not very crunchy, but tasty! :6



Bean curd w/Pumpkin Gravy
I am also NOT a fan of pumpkin, whatever, soup, gravy, the fruit itself, I generally do not like it. This dish, i must say, very impressive! I loved it actually (not as much as the fried egg plant) The taste(according to one of my cousins, said that it tastes like fishball) It's soft on the inside and slightly crunchy on the outside, a lot of flavors, definitely blends together really well.


Nyonya Fish
When our family goes out to have dinner, usually, we don't order fish. Well, every meal every other day is FISH. My aunt insisted on it, so mehh, ordered it anyways. I was taken by surprise with this dish! The fish meat was SO SOFT. The tom yum gravy....wow.... i'm speechless. The flavor and combination is good!

Overall........
Every dish is a winner! YAY!
This restaurant deserves a 9/10! You can tell by the empty dishes, it was definitely a good meal. The place is small and crowded (weekends). 

SO, the final decision is yours to make, check it out for yourselves! I won't decide it for you. But you can tell which i'm rooting for *wink wink* 


For more info on Restaurant Paris, (near ss2 mall)
Address62,64,66 Jalan SS2/72, 47300 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
Contact03 7955 9180, 03 7955 0186
Business HourDaily 11.30am to 2.30pm & 5.30pm to 10.30pm

For more info on Xfrens,
Address:
51, Jalan SS18/1B, 40400, Subang Jaya
Tel: 012 689 0808
Opening times: Mon-Fri, 10.30am-3pm, 5.30-10.30pm; weekends from 5pm.


Tell us what you guys think, if you guys heard of any cafe/shop/restaurant/or whatever that you want us to give a review on, email us at 2brokefoodlovers@gmail.com (we don't bite!)
SHARING=CARING 

Till then, have an awesome weekend!

Cheers,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment