Monday 8 July 2013

Bulgogi brothers

Okay so other than japanese & western food and a little thai, finally tried korean food! & honestly, this is my first time trying korean food so I wouldn't know what to expect, here goes!


Soji-to

I don't drink alcohol, but the rest of them said it was good! 



Appetizers/side dishes are served before your meal. They're refillable btw! Like one on the right, in the middle. I think it's something like mash potatoes? but it's sweet potatoes!


A closer look.


Another side dish


Kangdoenjang RM 22.90
Traditional korean soybean paste stew with minced beef, green chilies, tofu and doenjang.
This was not bad, but the taste wasn't memorable.


This was the same but it's chicken.


Chicken bibimbab RM26.90

Why did I choose bibimbab? Cause I've always seen my friends raging about it, saying how good and yummy and scrumptious it is. Did I regret it? Well sort of. Or maybe it's just not my cup of tea. After mixing it all together, it just tasted.... odd. My mom said it was like 'chap fan' (mixed rice) & honestly, I don't find it VERY special.... I couldn't finish it and I had to take away, don't think I would try bibimbab ever again. Maybe you wouldn't agree with me but, this is my first time trying korean food, maybe it's suppose to taste like that, maybe it just doesn't suite me :p



Chicken Naengchae

This was the dish that I liked best among the rest! The chicken was very well marinated, and it was really juicy and flavourful :D plus they serve it with salad + tomato slices in this special sauce, really good!


Cielo dolci ice cream!

What's better than ending your meal with ice cream? Just head on to cielo dolci, same floor as tesco, and 2 flavours for RM8.80! Yes it might be slightly expensive but hey, it's handmade & it's gelato! My must-choose flavour would ALWAYS be earl grey tea! & the other flavour I chose was green tea :) Really worth a try! Have yet to try their nasi lemak flavour (their famous one), can't wait though!

Well, that concludes my very first experience of korean food. I hope I get to try some diff korean restaurant! If you have any recommendations, please do comment! :D

'til then,
x.

No comments:

Post a Comment